Sunday, January 30, 2011

Ice Climbing-Maple Canyon

On Saturday I went with the club to Maple Canyon (about an hour south of Provo) to go ice climbing. It was a blast. Honestly, I was surprised by how difficult it was. You would think that with sharp ice picks and crampons that it would not be too hard, but it sure was. I ended up climbing seven different routes. I sure hope I get to go again soon!



Maple Canyon is absolutely beautiful. In the spring I will for sure be coming here to climb!


The most accomplished feeling of the day was doing "Get Whacked." It was 140 feet of steep ice. It was by far my most favorite route! Below are some pictures of me climbing.

Its kind of hard to tell in this picture, but I am already about 60 feet off the ground.




Almost there!



2 comments:

  1. Holy smokes, Dave! These are some great photos. Take me with you next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures, not sure I would want to do this!!
    Aunt Melodie

    ReplyDelete